Sauteed Green Beans with Garlic are swift and straightforward to make and super tasty. The fresh green beans (string beans!) are pan-fried right up until blistered in a number of spots then tossed with a little garlic. Yum!
This green bean recipe is so straightforward to make that it nearly isn’t going to deserve to taste so very good. It’s our go-to sauteed green beans recipe since it is super quick to make (ten minutes!) and they go with virtually each and every dinner I make. I know you are going to adore them, also!
Why these sauteed green beans are about to turn out to be your favorite
- The super brief (four-ingredient!!) list keeps the emphasis on the tender green beans.
- Cooking the green beans above large heat on your stovetop provides them additional flavor. I’m looking at you, deliciously dark blistered spots.
- It really is also the quickest way to cook green beans. Only five minutes of prep and 5 minutes of cooking and your new favorite side dish will be ready to eat.
- Sauteed green beans are the most versatile side dish. Pick a protein, make these beans, and you’ll have dinner. I love them with my Best Baked Chicken Breasts or Juicy Baked Pork Chops.
- Green beans are super healthier. They are substantial in fiber, low in calories, and are full of nutrition.
- Sauteeing them with a small olive oil keeps this recipe dairy-totally free, lower-carb, gluten-cost-free, paleo, Whole30 and all individuals other healthy items.
How to put together green beans
Fresh green beans (also referred to as string beans) are effortless to put together. Most green beans are now stringless, which implies that all you have to do to prepare them is minimize off the tip.
But if you have bought heirloom green beans they very likely will have strings. In this situation, use a paring knife to snap the finish off then pull it back to eliminate the string.
Or you can acquire bags of ready green beans at most grocery stores to save you a minor time.
How to cook fresh green beans
Fresh green beans can be steamed, roasted, or sauteed. I like sauteeing (or pan frying) green beans as I find when steaming and roasting it’s effortless to overcook them.
When creating sauteed green beans you want a super hot pan. This way they will finish up obtaining blistered in number of spots. Dark blistered spots = lots of taste!
Just heat a pan more than substantial heat then include the green beans and some oil at the exact same time. Cook them for about five minutes, tossing the pan a few times. Which is it! In 5 minutes your sauteed string beans will be prepared to eat!
What can I season green beans with?
These garlic green beans are delightful just as the recipe is written. 99% of the time I do not alter the recipe at all. But at times I switch items up. As soon as the green beans are cooked, you can toss them with:
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Chili flakes or Sriracha for some heat
- A sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Some crispy bacon
- Toasted sliced almonds
- A small blue cheese
What to serve with this sauteed green beans recipe
These green beans are so versatile that they go nicely with nearly everything. Some of my favorites are:
To complete your dinner, these Smoky Roast Potatoes or these Herb and Garlic Smashed Sweet Potatoes go truly effectively with this green bean recipe!
Keep in mind to subscribe to THE Countless MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for Free of charge to get wholesome and scrumptious recipes each week + our cookbook!