- two cups diced peeled potatoes
- one-3/four cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup all-goal flour
- one-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- three/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-one/two cups entire milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- one cup frozen corn
- four sheets refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°. Location potatoes and carrots in a big saucepan add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Decrease heat cook, covered, eight-ten minutes or till crisp-tender drain.
- In a huge skillet, heat butter over medium-higher heat. Add onion cook and stir till tender. Stir in flour and seasonings right up until blended. Progressively stir in broth and milk. Carry to a boil, stirring consistently cook and stir 2 minutes or till thickened. Stir in chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture eliminate from heat.
- Unroll a pie crust into every single of two 9-in. pie plates trim even with rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining crusts place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Lower slits in tops.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or right up until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes just before cutting.
Freeze choice: Cover and freeze unbaked pies. To use, get rid of from freezer 30 minutes ahead of baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 425°. Location pies on baking sheets cover edges loosely with foil. Bake thirty minutes. Minimize oven setting to 350° bake 70-80 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Actually pleased my craving for chicken pot pie and is easy to make.
The very best. I make my very own crust and that is the only modify I make.
My husband stated this potpie was the very best I’ve ever produced. I extra celery with the onions, and boiled carrots and potatoes in chicken broth then utilised the broth to make the sauce. Topped with tater tots, rather of crust.
Halved recipe extra 1/4 tsp. of Bell’s Poultry Seasoning and used Tater Tots as an alternative of pie crust. It’s in the oven now and it smells truly great – we can’t wait to consume it .
Ideal potpie I have ever had. Hands down. Subs I’ve produced in the previous contain making use of rabbit in spot of chicken and subbing cauliflower in for the potatoes. I will be making this 1 for a long time.
To be brutally sincere, this is very shut to the Chicken Pot Pie recipe discovered in the older versions of Betty Crocker cookbooks, which is the greatest recipe I have ever tasted. While homemade crust is better in my view, it’s also far more time consuming. This is a fast and easy recipe and the filling is proper on the income. If, by some means, you come out with a bland meal right after employing a full cup of butter, you happen to be carrying out some thing wrong.
The place do the potatoes in the directions come from?
I really like this recipe! I use this recipe at property and at my work.
This is the only chicken pot pie recipe I make. The flavors are effectively-designed and it is fairly straightforward to make. I normally use a rotisserie chicken for the 4 cups of chicken. I get requests for this pot pie fairly typically. It is definitely a preferred in my loved ones.
We just love this recipe. I cook it as written and uncover it is just correct! I make two pies so we can share with my sister’s family. I have in no way discovered it pasty or gummy and have made it quite a few instances.