The blend of sweet potato and marshmallow tends to make for a good stability of sweetness without currently being overly so. But if you love a super sweet casserole add cup brown sugar to the mashed sweet potato mixture.
- 45min Duration
- 30min Cook Time
- 15min Prep Time
- 8 Servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (4 medium), peeled and cubed
- four tablespoons margarine
- one egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (ten-ounce) bag marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- x 9-inch baking dish.
2. Cover potatoes with water in a medium pot and carry to a boil over higher heat. Simmer right up until tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Drain effectively and return to the pot. Include margarine, egg, vanilla, and salt. Mash with a fork or potato masher till somewhat chunky. Stir in pecans.
4. Transfer to ready baking dish and smooth top. Cover with marshmallows and bake at 350°F for twelve to 15 minutes, or until finally golden brown. Serve quickly.
Recipe Courtesy of JOY of KOSHER Fast, Fresh Family members Recipes, by Jamie Geller (HarperCollins 2013) – Purchase NOW